Open for Professionals
Information for Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals Regarding Measures Related to the New Coronavirus (COVID-19)
JETRO has compiled information for highly-skilled foreign professionals regarding measures announced by the Japanese ministries and agencies in relation to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) .
The holders of the status of residence who left Japan before the day when country/region where such foreign nationals are currently staying was designated as an area subject to denial of permission to entry into Japan, are allowed to re-enter Japan from 5th August 2020.
On September 25, 2020, the GOJ announced that, in principle, the holders of statuses of residence of “Student”, “Dependent” and others, in addition to cross-border business travelers of all countries and regions will be incrementally permitted to enter Japan from October 1, 2020, under the condition that the person is hosted by a company/entity that can assure observation of quarantine measures.
- Even when the new coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a decrease in business for the company, foreign workers are not allowed to be treated less favorably than Japanese workers just because they are foreigners.
- The subsidy the national government pays companies to protect worker employment can be used for Japanese as well as foreign workers.
- Companies cannot freely fire you at will. When a company wants to fire a foreign worker, the same rules as Japanese workers must be followed.
- If you need help, please consult your local labor bureau, labor standards supervision office or public employment security office (Hello Work).
- For Highly-skilled Professionals
- Companies Interested in Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals
- Event Calendar