Open for Professionals
Study and Work in Japan
JETRO, in cooperation with the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), has published "Study and Work in Japan" for talented people abroad who are interested in studying or working in Japan. This is one activity under "JETRO’s Platform for Promotion of Active Participation by Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals."
The Japanese government has a number of initiatives for people who want to study or work in Japan. This document provides information about studying and working in Japan both in Japanese and in English.
It also includes an interview with Mr. Austin, who came to Japan as a government-sponsored student of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) and is currently working in Japan.
As of December 2020, cross-country traffic is still difficult due to the effects of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) contagion, but we hope that promising foreign professionals who are interested in Japan will read this pamphlet and have a concrete idea of what to expect when they study or work in Japan.
For Highly-skilled Professionals
- Study & Work in Japan
- Career Search
- Required Procedures
- After Employment
- Study and Work in Japan
- Watch & Learn : Work in Japan! –Starter’s Guide-
- Information for Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals Regarding Measures Related to the New Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Programs and Contact by Region
- Explore opportunities for international professionals in Japan
- Companies Interested in Highly-Skilled Foreign Professionals
- Event Calendar