Investing in Japan
How to Set Up Business in Japan Section 2. Visas and Status of Residence
2.6 Reciprocal visa exemptions for temporary visitor
The countries listed on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan have concluded reciprocal visa exemption arrangements with Japan, and nationals of these countries wishing to engage in activities that fall within the scope of a temporary visitor are not required to receive a visa to enter Japan. However, these visa exemption arrangements will naturally not apply to foreign nationals intending to work or engage in other activities for compensation.
List of countries that have visa exemption arrangements with Japan
Section2: Contents & Reference
Section2: Table of Contents
- 2.1 Entry procedures
- 2.2 Relation between visa and status of residence
- 2.3 Process from acquisition of Certificate of Eligibility to acquisition of visa
- 2.4 Types of working statuses
- 2.5 Temporary visitor visa and status
- 2.6 Reciprocal visa exemptions for temporary visitor
- 2.7 Resident card and residency management system
- 2.8 Re-entry permission
- 2.9 Family members accompanying working foreign nationals
- 2.10 Extension of period of stay and change of status of residence
- 2.11 Points-based preferential immigration treatment for highly skilled foreign professionals
- 2.12 Promoting acceptance of foreign entrepreneurs
Section2. Samples of documents businesses are required to submit to authorities
These materials contain samples of documents regarding registration, visa, taxation, personnel and labor matters that are necessary when a foreign company establishes a corporation or other entity in Japan as well as descriptive examples of how to fill them out. A portion of the English content has been updated through a provisional translation. These documents are not published by competent authorities and therefore are not official. For those who are going through the official procedures, please download the latest official documents from the competent authorities and related bodies or consult a person who specializes in advising on such information and procedures.
The information contained in this documents should be used at the reader’s independent discretion. While JETRO makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information it provides, no responsibility is accepted by JETRO for any loss or damage incurred as a result of actions based on the information provided in these documents or provided by the external links listed on these pages.