The certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas
Our mission is promoting safe and delicious Japanese food products
and alchoholic beverages to every corner of the world.
We are looking for partners who can help us do that.
- What is the certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas?
- This program was designed to certify overseas restaurants, bars and retailers which carry Japanese food and beverages as official “Japanese Food Supporters” in order to further promote Japanese agricultural, forestry, fishery and food products around the world.
the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry,
and Fisheries Website.
Restaurants and retail stores that meet the following requirements will be certified a “Japanese Food Supporter Store”. They shall be able to use the certification logo and promote that their stores are certified.
|For Retail Stores|
* Japanese foods are defined as agricultural, forestry, and fishery products that are produced within Japan.
To apply for certification
If you wish to apply for certification, please send an e-mail with “Application for Supporter Store Certification” in the subject line to JETRO (email@example.com). We will then reply by sending the application form.
List of stores and restaurants
As of November 30, 2019, this program has certified 4,393 stores and restaurants.
The Application / Management Body, the Certification Body and Supporter Stores may use the logo mark for the purpose of familiarizing, certifying and promoting Supporter Stores by MAFF.
JETRO is designated as an operational administrative association for this program in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan. Based on the guidelines, we are recruiting overseas organizations such as restaurants and retailers which will be able to play the role of official Japanese Food Supporters by proactively incorporating Japanese ingredients into their menus and stocks. For more details, please see the following application guidebook.
This program has supported by 23 certification Bodies and 5 certification cooperating members.
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (Japanese) (213KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (English) (269KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (Japanese) (154KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (English) (161KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
Point of contact and where to submit application
Agricultural, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Department, JETRO