The certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas
As of October 26, 2017, this program has certified 1,126 stores and restaurants, and is supported by 21 certification Bodies and 3 certification cooperating members.
What is the certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas?
This program was designed to certify overseas restaurants, bars and retailers which carry Japanese food and beverages as official “Japanese Food Supporters” in order to further promote Japanese agricultural, forestry, fishery and food products around the world.
- Consistently serving food made with Japanese food products.
- Alcoholic beverages produced in Japan shall be offered as a specialty shop.
- The fact that the restaurant uses Japanese food and alcoholic beverages is displayed on the menu
- Promoting the appeal and characteristics of Japanese food and alcoholic beverages.
For Retail Stores
- Consistently selling Japanese food and alcoholic beverages
- The fact that products are Japanese foods and alcoholic beverages is indicated on the product shelf
- Promoting the appeal and characteristics of Japanese food and alcoholic beverages
JETRO is designated as an operational administrative association for this program in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan. Based on the guidelines, we are recruiting overseas organizations such as restaurants and retailers which will be able to play the role of official Japanese Food Supporters by proactively incorporating Japanese ingredients into their menus and stocks. For more details, please see the following application guidebook.
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (Japanese) (213KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (English) (269KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (Japanese) (154KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (English) (161KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
Point of contact and where to submit application
Agricultural, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Department, JETRO