JETRO Invest Japan Report 2019 (Summary)4. JETRO’s Efforts to Promote Investment in Japan
- Successful investment supported by JETRO： 2,013 Investment project supported：19,447
- By region, companies from Asia remained the largest (36%) while those from Europe (30%) and North America (29%) also account for about 30%.
- By industry, Services (retail, etc.) and ICT & telecommunications account for over 20%, respectively, and about the half of the total when combined.
- By destination, Tokyo (61%）is the largest, although a certain number of companies choose Kanagawa (11%) and Osaka (8%).
JETRO-attracted investments by region
JETRO-attracted investments by country/region
JETRO-attracted investments by industry
JETRO-attracted investments by target prefecture
- Among various topics on which JETRO has hosted seminars on investment in Japan overseas, more and more seminars have focused on innovation since FY2018. Since FY2019, JETRO has been pouring efforts into supporting foreign companies which could contribute to create innovation, industries of whose companies shown below.
Overseas seminars on investment in japan since 2018
Target industries which are expected to create innovation
- JETRO provides local governments with supports of promotion within/outside Japan, of inviting foreign companies to their region, and of capacity building to strengthen investment promotion capability through “Support Program for Region Foreign Direct Investment in Japan.”
- Since October 2018, JETRO has held Regional Business Conference, RBC, in various parts of the country.
RBCs hosted since FY2018 (including plans)
Contents of support program for regional foreign direct investment in Japan
|No.||Supports||Contents of Supports|
|(1) Promotion within /outside Japan||“Invest Japan” seminars overseas||
|Hosting Regional Business Conference (RBC)||
|(2) Inviting foreign companies||Supports to invite foreign companies||
|(3) Capacity building to strengthen investment promotion capability||
|Supports for investment promotion materials||