Business with Japan : Toward Reconstruction and Recovery
1. Establishment of "Business Hotline" for your business emergencies
JETRO has established an emergency hotline for Foreign companies in Japan who have business concerns/difficulties due to the Great East Japan Earthquake. The consultation is limited to international business issues and items related to company operations in Japan (e.g. tax accounting issues, human resources, etc.).
Please contact : JETRO Invest Japan Department (TEL:03-3582-5410, E-mail: BizHotline@jetro.go.jp)
2. JETRO free business space for short-term-use during your business emergencies
JETRO has started a new business support program for Japanese and foreign businesses in the area hit by the Great East Japan Earthquake who are doing direct or indirect international business.
- For more details
Japanese SMEs aspiring to advance overseas
- Highlighting Japan's Recovery Efforts on the One-year Anniversary of the March 11 Disaster in the America's Midwest (Apr 12, 2012)
- Admiration for the Japanese people continue to push forward in the face of extreme adversity - A seminar to mark the first anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake (Mar 12, 2012)
- A seminar on "Japan's Automotive Industry, Achieving Recovery and Growth Through Monozukuri" held near Detroit (Jan 20, 2012)
Food safety of Tohoku
In the aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake, misinformation regarding foodstuffs from the Tohoku region still persists inside and outside Japan. Here, we introduce excerpts from reports by the Fisheries Agency in Japan and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to allow the accurate results of safety examinations on food products conducted in both the Japanese and overseas markets.
Reports by the Japanese Government
Outline of the System of Special Zone for Reconstruction
Special goverment incentives, including tax reduction, to companies planning business in the recovering areas by Reconstruction Agency