Career Opportunities: Project Coordinator
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) is currently looking to fill the position of Project Coordinator at its Toronto office.
To apply for this position, qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Eriko_Ezaki@jetro.go.jp by the end of Friday, December 13, 2019.
Promotion of foreign direct investment into Japan through following activities.
- Researching and identifying Canadian companies with innovative technologies, products and business models, who are interested in setting up business in Japan.
- Contacting targeted companies by visiting exhibitions/conferences, following-up with seminar/webinar attendants and responding to inquiries.
- Composing and delivering presentations to industry executives highlighting JETRO’s services and business opportunities in Japan.
- Providing potential client companies with necessary information. Inquiring to Tokyo HQ, industry advisors and specialists, when needed.
- Organizing events such as seminar, webinar, and networking targeting at Canadian companies who are interested in doing business in Japan.
- Expanding network with Canadian industry organizations.
- Conducting research about industrial exchanges between Japanese and Canadian companies and supporting their business matching.
- Support Directors efficiently in research activities across various industrial sectors, as well as political and economic environment in Canada.
- Obtain information by attending outside conference and seminars and report to Directors in order to get them know the current business-related trend and change.
Regional Industry Exchange
- Support Japanese SMEs to develop their business in Canada.
Support Directors with all the other projects, such as export promotion projects (from Japan to Canada).
Writing, editing and proofreading of JETRO’s website content and presentation materials.
Respond to inquiries from Canadian and Japanese companies efficiently and professionally, which occasionally involves composing a brief market research report.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Proactive, enthusiastic self-starter with advanced consultation and problem-solving skills.
- Outgoing individual with excellent networking abilities.
- Knowledge of international business expansion trends and strategies of Canadian industry.
- Experience in composing detailed market research and market entry strategy reports.
- Advanced understanding and capability in quantitative and qualitative research.
- Advanced understanding of macroeconomics, with the ability to research and analyze economic data.
- Strong understanding of Canadian monetary and fiscal policies, bilateral and multilateral trade initiatives and other government activities.
- Able to work in Canada (no visa provided)
- BA or higher degree (Economics and /or Business background preferred)
- A native English speaker or equivalent efficiency in English skills
- The capability of dealing with large quantities of work accurately, interpersonal and communication skills in English (Japanese a bonus), ability to thrive in multi-cultural setting, excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Marketing, Business Development or Sale experience including coordinating promotional events and PR activities (Preferred).
- Writing reports in English including collecting and analyzing data（Japanese ability a bonus）.
- Business trip both domestic and international and overtime work are required.
- A G-class Ontario Driver’s license (Preferred).
- Previous working experience in Japan or at Japanese companies (a bonus).
- More than 2 years of relevant working experience (a bonus).
- Japanese and /or French ability is considered as a bonus.
Annual Salary Approx. $ 42,000/yr. - $ 44,400/yr. less statutory deductions + Discretionary Bonus*
*No bonus will be awarded for the first fiscal year.
Work Hour Monday to Friday, 9:00AM - 5:00PM (including 1-hour lunch break), 35 Hours / week
Provationary Period The first three (3) months
Benefit Group insurance (medical, dental and Travel Accident), after successful completion of the probationary period
*No assistance will be provided, should a candidate need to relocate to work at JETRO Toronto.
- Submit resume
- interviews (at JETRO Toronto)
Deadline to Apply December 13, 2019
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in JETRO, however in effort of efficiency, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidate should be fully responsible for any and all necessary expense to come to an interview(s) at JETRO Toronto. Such expenses include, but not limited to, transportation expense (airfare, train, bus fees etc.) and hotel accommodations.