The certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas
As of March 31, 2023, this program has certified 7,803 stores and restaurants.
List of stores and restaurants
Voices of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas
See interviews with stores and restaurants around the world which deal in or utilize food and ingredients made in Japan.
Our mission is promoting safe and delicious Japanese food products
and alchoholic beverages to every corner of the world.
We are looking for partners who can help us do that.
- What is the certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas?
- This program was designed to certify overseas restaurants, bars and retailers which carry Japanese food and beverages as official “Japanese Food Supporters” in order to further promote Japanese agricultural, forestry, fishery and food products around the world.
Requirements for certification as a Japanese Food Supporter Store
Restaurants and retail stores that meet the following requirements will be certified a “Japanese Food Supporter Store”. They shall be able to use the certification logo and promote that their stores are certified.
|For Retail Stores|
* Japanese foods are defined as agricultural, forestry, and fishery products that are produced within Japan.
To apply for certification
* At JETRO, there is no charge for certification procedures and issuance of certificates.
If you wish to apply for certification, please go to the homepage below and apply online
The Application / Management Body, the Certification Body and Supporter Stores may use the logo mark for the purpose of familiarizing, certifying and promoting Supporter Stores by MAFF.
We are looking for partner certifying organizations and Certification Cooperating Members
JETRO is designated as an operational administrative association for this program in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan. Based on the guidelines, we are recruiting overseas organizations such as restaurants and retailers which will be able to play the role of official Japanese Food Supporters by proactively incorporating Japanese ingredients into their menus and stocks. We are also looking for Certification Cooperating Members which agree with the purpose of the program and recommend supporter store candidates and cooperate in PR for the program.
For more details, please see such as the following application guidebook.
This program has supported by 19 certification Bodies and 7 certification cooperating members.
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (Japanese) (213KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (English) (269KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (Japanese) (154KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (English) (161KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
Agricultural, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Department, JETRO