JETRO London, based in MidCity Place 71 High Holborn London WC1V 6AL, is an establishment of Japan External Trade Organization, based in Japan. This information notice form is issued to you on behalf of the JETRO entities and establishments that need to notify you to control and process your personal data in the way described below.
The way in which we process your personal data is very important to us. We process your personal data in the following manner.
1.Our processing of your personal data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
-"Contact Us" and "Inquiry Form"
-Application for seminars and exhibitions
-Application for JETRO's various services
-Online book sales
Examples of personal information JETRO will collect:
-Your company name, your job title
-Zip code, address, phone number, fax number
-Other personal information as needed according to specific services
Where we are obliged by our employment contract to perform these processes, we do so in accordance with it (Article 6(1)(b) UK GDPR (as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018)). When we provide our services that you have requested and you expect from us, we process your data for your interest as well as for our own interest (Article 6(1)(f) UK GDPR). Furthermore, in case certain data is necessary for providing the services and you chose not to submit it, we may not be able to begin or continue to provide such services to you.
2.How long do we keep your personal data
We will only retain your information as long as there is a statutory or legal requirement to do so or in order that we are able to meet the abovementioned purposes. This will usually require us to retain your information for a set period of time after any relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes.
3.Transfers of data to other companies and countries
We will store your personal data on our systems located in the UK.
Furthermore, we will share your personal data with other companies who may be located within or outside the UK.
Where your personal data is transferred outside the UK, unless covered by UK adequacy regulations, we have implemented Standard Contract Clauses (according to the UK GDPR requirements) to ensure a fair and legal use of your data.
4.Your rights and requests
You have the following rights:
- Access to personal data: You have the right to be provided full information about your personal data that we hold.
- Data correction: You have the right to require that we correct any incorrect information that we hold about you.
- Data deletion: You may also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Restriction on processing of personal data: You may have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Object to processing of personal data: You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, when certain conditions apply.
- Portability of personal data: You may have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used format, when certain conditions apply.
- You also have the right to obtain from us a copy of any Standard Contract Clauses that we use if we transfer your data outside the UK relying on them.
To exercise your rights, or if you require further information about how we use your personal data, then contact:
Data Protection Officer: DPO@jetro.go.jp
In case you are not satisfied with how we have handled your personal data request or how we obtain/use your data, then you may wish to lodge a complaint by contacting the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues.
To see the contact details of the entities and establishments that form part of JETRO, see: https://www.jetro.go.jp/en.html