[Event] Seeking Startups for Partnership Opportunities in Japan
Aug 05, 2016
// COMPANIES PITCHING
|Yoshiaki Tanaka||Michael Borgert||Shota Ushihara||Takahiro Maruyama||Norihiro Kondo|
|SoftBank Group||Systena||NEC Networks and System Integration||Mizuho Financial Group||Panasonic|
- 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM Networking/Reception
- 6:00 PM – 6:15 PM Welcome Remarks: Plug & Play and JETRO Introductions
- 6:15 PM – 7:05 PM Pitch (7 Japanese Companies)
- 7:05 PM – 7:15 PM Q&A Session
- 7:15 PM – 8:00 PM Networking / Closing
- FREE. Register for tickets at our Eventbrite page:
// EVENT DESCRIPTION
Listen to Japanese companies pitch partnership opportunities to U.S. startups at our reverse pitch event. These brands are seeking to find and introduce new startup technology solutions to the Japanese market, specifically in in the areas of IoT, HealthTech, and Fintech. This event is strongly recommended for U.S. startups who want to expand their service or product to the Japanese market through established business channels.
// COMPANY OVERVIEW
NEC Networks and System Integration
NEC Networks & System Integration Corporation provides a range of solutions backed by system integration and related support services as well as engineering/facility management capabilities. In addition to NEC products, we also collaborate with many proven vendors in Japan and overseas. By combining these products with our technologies, we provide customers with optimized solutions.
The SoftBank Group is a global technology player that aspires to drive the Information Revolution by supporting disruptive entrepreneurs. The SoftBank Group is comprised of the holding company SoftBank Group Corp. and its global portfolio of companies, which includes advanced telecommunications, media and Internet services, robotics and clean energy technology providers.
Systena America Inc. is a Silicon Valley based IT company from Japan and has been in the US since November, 2013. We currently specialize in supporting quality assurance testing, field testing and verification for various smartphone carriers and manufacturers in the US. Our mission in the US is also to actively seek out and connect with American businesses to bring innovative products/services to the Japan market. Founded in 1983, our parent company Systena Corporation (TSE First Section: 2317) headquartered in Tokyo has over 2,500 employees worldwide including our subsidiaries in Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China and the US. Systena Corporation has over 4,000 clients and its reported revenue was $426 million as of April, 2016.
- Mizuho Financial Group
- Mizuho Financial Group (MHFG) is a Tokyo-based banking holding company that provides international financial services in Japan and other countries. The company specializes in personal banking, retail banking, corporate banking, and international banking, among other areas. The company was founded in 2001 and employs more than 68,000 people in 30 different countries. As part of its global mission, MHFG aims to develop, create, and promote new businesses through collaboration with experts both inside and outside the company. MHFG is particularly interested in developing disruptive and innovative solutions through strategic investments in VCs and private-venture startup companies.
Fujistu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company and the world's 5th-largest IT services provider. We offer a full range of technology services, solutions, and products (System Integration services, Cloud Server, PC, Mobile Phone, Network, LSI, etc.). Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people work with customers and partners in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers.
Panasonic Corporation is a Japanese multinational electronics corporation headquartered in Japan. Founded in 1918, the company has grown to become one of the largest Japanese electronics producers in the world alongside Sony, Hitachi, and Toshiba. Panasonic has global operations with a wide variety of business areas and products. Moving forward, Panasonic sees B2B solution creation in the U.S. as one of its key initiatives; as part of realizing this goal, it seeks strategic business/solutions partners in the U.S.
Established in Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture in 1933, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. currently manufactures vehicles in 20 countries and areas around the world, including Japan. Nissan offers products and services in more than 160 countries and areas worldwide. With the rapid changes around the world, Nissan is adapting and focused on delivering solutions such as 1) Electric and fuel cell vehicles that are attractive, fun-to-drive cars with the appealing benefit of zero emissions; 2) Global entry cars that make mobility more accessible and affordable for all; 3) Innovative technological advances that are good for the environment, enhance safety, improve dynamic performance or provide greater life-on-board satisfaction.
- This event is supported by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).