[Event] Register for the “Opportunity Knocks in Japan”- A Business and Legal Event
Dec 16, 2015
UC Hastings Law School-The East Asian Legal Studies Program; Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO); and Japan Society of Northern California will jointly host an exciting opportunity for C-level executives and business owners who want to learn how to expand their business into Japan. The seminar will focus exclusively on legal and business issues foreign entities face when entering the Japan Market. Each panelist will present a unique perspective on the challenges foreign companies can expect in series of presentations and a panel discussion.
This is a must-attend seminar for C-level executives or business owners who are interested in setting up a business in Japan.
* This is a MCLE event. 1 MCLE credit will be given for each subsantive hour of the program attended.
Tuesday, February 2, 2016
5:45 - 9:00 p.m.
UC Hastings Alumni Center, 2nd FL
200 McAllister Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
5:45 PM – 6:15 PM Networking/Reception
6:15 PM – 6:25 PM Weclome Remarks / Moderator and Speaker Introduction
6:25 PM – 7:30 PM Presentations / Panel Discussion
7:30 PM – 8:00 PM Q&A / Closing Remarks
8:00 PM – 9:00 PM Networking
- Liz Shoemaker, Of Counsel, Law Offices of David A. Makman
- Akiko Kawakatsu, Attorney at law admitted in Japan and New York; Partner at HIBIYA STATION LAW OFFICES; Visiting Assistant Professor at University of Okayama
- Tomohiro Ono, Senior Associate at YUASA AND HARA
- Miho Aoki, International Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP