Spotlight Newsletter (2014-04)
3M Establishes Research and Development Center in Sagamihara, Kanagawa
3M Health Care Limited, a Japanese subsidiary of the US Material manufacture 3M that manufactures and sells of stationary, utensils, and industrial components, established a research and development (R&D) center specifically focused on healthcare at its Sagamihara facility in Kanagawa Prefecture. The company applied and was selected for the Japanese Fiscal Year 2011 Subsidy Program for Projects Promotin Asian Site Location in Japan.
>> Find more information here.
>> Find information about FY2014 Subsidy Program Application here.
Watch the video "Open the Door to Success in JAPAN" including:
- Message from the Prime Minister: The Prime Minister Shinzo Abe expresses that now is the best time to invest in Japan that is undergoing changes of once in a decade.
- Japan's attractive investment environment: Listen to some of the top management of companies who have already found success in Japan about the strength of the Japanese market.
- The services provided by JETRO: The Chairman and CEO of JETRO Hiroyuki Ishige talks about how JETRO supports foreign companies looking to launch in Japan.
>> Find video here.
A message from the Chairman and CEO of JETRO: Strengthening promotion of direct investment into Japan
At the 4th Meeting of the Council on Economic and Fiscal Policy (CEFP) and the 2nd Joint Meeting of the CEFP and the Industrial Competitiveness Council, held on April 4, 2014, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe declared that the promotion of foreign direct investment (FDI) into Japan as an important policy within the growth strategy equal to the export promotion of infrastructure.
In line with the results of the joint council meeting, JETRO will bolster its activities as a "one-stop center" for inward FDI, utilizing its worldwide network (40 offices in Japan and 73 overseas offices in 55 countries), as well as its network with business circles, both domestic and overseas.
>> Find full message here.
The publication "Talk to JETRO First" (PDF, 5MB) features key attractiveness of the Japanese market, business environment and living environment.
If you are interested in investment in Japan, talk to JETRO USA first!
MORE COMPANIES TO LAUNCH IN JAPAN
ProteinSimple Open Sales Office in Japan
ProteinSimple announced that is has expanded its global direct distribution capabilities be opening an office in Tokyo, Japan. Japan's strong and growing biopharmaceutical business represents a highly attractive market for ProteinSimple's portfolio of innovative protein analysis tools. To support the operation, ProteinSimple has hired Satoshi Ogino, General Manager Japan Sales, to lead a team of experienced sales specialist to sell its products throughout Japan.
>> Read full press release here: ProteinSimple website.
JETRO GAME REPORT 2014 PART 1
Play. Engage. Beat.
Show Your Proven Metrics To Be Successful in the Changing Game Ecosystem
JETRO finished their yearly appearance at the Game Connection America 2014 this past March. Find out about:
- How thirteen Japanese game and middleware developers prepared for an intensive three days meeting with targeted potential partners from around the globe.
- Professional insights as to what developers should keep in mind to achieve world-class success.
- Japanese smartphone game market report by CyberZ, Inc.