To expand exports of Japanese food, we promote sales, convey information through overseas media and hold Japanese-food related events to disseminate Japanese food and its culture to the world. We create marketing strategies from the local consumers’ perspectives based on local information, the Internet, and dialogues between the local industry groups.
We utilize many platforms (e.g. digital advertisements and influencers) to inform consumers about Japanese food and build audience engagement.
Examples of advertisements made in the past.
Digital and Television AdvertisementsWe created videos and banner advertisements to promote Japanese Marine Products as “Auspicious Food”.
(2020 Hong Kong)
Influencer and TV Show We created an “Auspicious Recipe” with a renowned Hong Kong chef to introduce “Auspicious Japanese Fish”.
(2020 Hong Kong)
Influencer and Video ContentWe created video content, featuring a Japanese celebrity interviewing a producer of Japanese wagyu. The content emphasized that Japanese wagyu is the only authentic wagyu by highlighting the difference from foreign wagyu.
(2020 Hong Kong, Taiwan)
Key Visual and Catch Copy We created a key visual to make people feel the delicious taste intuitively. Furthermore, we used the catch copy, “THE ART OF MARBLING” to promote the main visual feature of Japanese wagyu.
Events / Trade Fairs / Exhibitions
We hold events, trade fairs and exhibitions to increase awareness and knowledge of Japanese food.
Examples of events made in the past.
- Booth We set up a booth in an event “International wine and spirits” in Hong Kong. (2019 Hong Kong)
- Seminar and Tasting Booth We hosted an online seminar and a testing booth for sommeliers and restaurants owners to foster further understanding of Japanese wine. (2020 Hong Kong)
- Events We hosted an “Event of drinking Japanese Green Tea” to try mindfulness meditation at an IT company. (2019 USA)
- Media Event We hosted a media event “Tea in the Moment with Sophia Amoruso”. Inviting Sophia Amoruso, an entrepreneur, as a spokesperson, we introduced information on Japanese green tea, and provided a tasting opportunity for attendees. (2019 USA)
Examples of campaigns made in the past.
- Posting Tools and Special Menu CampaignWe posted tools (posters, banner flags and stickers) of “Auspicious Japanese fish” at more than 400 restaurants. Furthermore, we launched a campaign for a limited menu of “Auspicious Japanese fish” which boosted the sales amount of Japanese Scallop, Yellowtail and Sea Bream. (2020 Hong Kong)
Catch Copy We changed the previous catch copy, “SEAFOOD LOVES SAKE” to “(”Name of a Cantonese cuisine”) LOVES SAKE” in order to highlight the good compatibility of Cantonese seafood and Japanese Sake.
(2020 Hong Kong)
Collaboration with Major Japanese RetailerWe collaborated with a major Japanese retailer and held a campaign,” SEAFOOD LOVES SAKE” to demonstrate the good compatibility of Cantonese seafood and Japanese Sake. (2020 Hong Kong)
We provide information about the products through promotion sites and social media using local influencers.
Examples of SNS activities made in the past.
Promotion Sites and Instagram We provide information about the products through promotion sites and social media using local influencers.In addition, we created an Instagram account to post attractive information and persuade followers to purchase.