EU-Japan Roundtable and Workshop in EBS 2018
May 09, 2018
The negotiation of an Economic Partnership Agreement between EU and Japan (EU-Japan EPA) has reached a final agreement in December 2017. In view of an early entry into force of the Agreement, JETRO will organize a roundtable and workshop within the European Business Summit 2018 to promote the mutual benefits the Agreement will bring to both European and Japanese industries.
The first session, a roundtable, will focus on the policy and general issues related to the Agreement and the second, a workshop, will focus on the economic impact and the opportunities of future cooperation between European and Japanese businesses.
Highlights of the event:
Date and Time：24th May 2018 ,15:00-17:00
Place: Arenberg Room, Egmont Palace (Place du Petit Sablon 8, 1000 Bruxelles)
-Trade Policy and general issues related to the EU-Japan EPA-
List of Speakers:
- Mrs. Cecilia Malmstrom, European Commissionner for Trade
- H.E. Mr. Kazuo Kodama, Ambassador, Mission of Japan to the European Union
- Mr. Satoshi Miura, Deputy Director-General for Trade Policy, Trade Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI)
- Mr. Marco Chirullo, EU’s Deputy Chief Negotiator of the EPA, European Commission
EU-JAPAN EPA Workshop
–A View from Industries and Future Cooperation-
List of Speakers:
- Mr. Yasukazu Irino, Executive VP, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
- Mrs. Luisa Santos, Director of International Relations, Business Europe
- Mr. Frans Hoorelbeke, Chairman, member of the Board of Directors, Daikin Europe NV
- Mr. Shinichiro Oka, General Director, Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc., European Office
- Speakers form EU Business Representative *TBD
About the European Business Summit 2018:
EBS 2018 will take place on the 23-24 May, at the Egmont Palace, Brussels. This annual summit is for business leaders and policymakers in Europe, attracting more than 1,900 participants from over 60 countries.
For further information, please contact JETRO Brussels