JETRO BIZMATCH @CEATEC JAPAN 2007
Jun 07, 2007
JETRO will offer a business-matching event for the ICT sector, that connects representatives from foreign firms with potential Japanese partners. JETRO coordinates one-on-one pre-arranged business meetings between program participants and Japanese companies.
Thank you for your interest, the deadline for JETRO BIZMATCH@CEATEC JAPAN 2007 has expired. Please check back for a comprehensive wrap up later in the year. For more information about next year's events and other opportunities in Japan, please contact JETRO.
At CEATEC JAPAN 2007, the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) will offer JETRO BIZMATCH@CEATEC JAPAN 2007 (October 2nd-4th), a business-matching event that connects representatives from foreign firms with potential Japanese partners. JETRO coordinates one-on-one pre-arranged business meetings between program participants and Japanese companies.
Companies have their own fully equipped meeting booth and access to English-Japanese interpreters. Participants in BIZMATCH, which also features a seminar on Japan's IT market, are invited to attend CEATEC's "International Reception." A total of 233 business meetings were held at last year's BIZMATCH, many of which led to contracts and other business arrangements. Please see below for details and application information.
Event Details (JETRO BIZMATCH@CEATEC JAPAN 2007)
Location: Makuhari Messe, 2-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba, Japan
Date: October 2nd (Tuesday)-4th (Thursday), 2007
Organizer: Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
Supporting Organizers (Tentative): Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), Communications and Information Network Association of Japan (CIAJ), Computer Software Association of Japan (CSAJ), Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
Services Offered to Participants
- One-on-one pre-arranged business meetings* with potential Japanese partners.
- Each participant will have a dedicated meeting booth (3m x 3m), equipped with walls, a table, four chairs, LAN Internet access and electricity outlets
- English-Japanese interpreting service for meetings (based on availability)
- Short seminar on the Japanese IT market
- Invitation to CEATEC's "International Reception" (evening of October 2nd)
- Free admission to CEATEC JAPAN 2007
- Publication & promotion (include listing in directory and website)
* In principle, meetings are one hour in length and conducted in English.
1. Participants must be non-Japanese firms and (all of the below)
i) Have a definite strategy for entry into the Japanese market
ii) NOT have a subsidiary or branch office in Japan
iii) Searching for a Japanese business partner
2. Other important requirements:
i) In general, a company must not have an exclusive sales agent or a distributor. Foreign companies that already have a distributor in Japan must obtain a letter of consent from such third party and submit it to JETRO prior to or at the start of the event
ii) Participants must be able to take part in the entire three-day event (company representatives attending the event should, ideally, be from sales and/or technology departments)
iii) Participants must have tangible products, services, and technologies relevant to CEATEC JAPAN 2007. (consulting firms, resellers/distributors and outsourcing companies are NOT eligible.)
Top 15 categories in which Japanese firms are interested:
1) Web 2.0 (SNS included), 2) Encryption Technology/Authentication System, 3) Broadband Contents, 4) Linux/Open source, 5) RFID/Traceability, 6) WiMaX, 7) License/ Contents Control, 8) SOA, 9) Japanese version of SOX, 10) Biometrics Identification System, 11) Thin-Client System, 12) Home network, 13) Next generation Mobile device, 14) IPv6, 15) Wireless LAN/ WAN
How to Apply
After you have read and agreed to the "General Terms and Conditions", complete the application form and submit it, together with supplementary materials (company brochure, product literature and technical white paper), to JETRO Tel-Aviv. The application form is attached below
CEATEC or "Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies" is Asia's largest annual technology and electronics exhibition, providing a platform for companies and organizations from all over the world to showcase their cutting-edge products, services and technologies. The event also serves as key industry networking and information-gathering opportunity, with numerous seminars and other activities offered during the fair. CEATEC Japan 2006 attracted nearly 200,000 visitors, with some 807 exhibitors and 140 seminars. For more information on CEATEC, please visit their website.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Kei Takagi,
Manager JETRO Tel-Aviv
TEL: +972-3-6881739, 6882207