The certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas
Our mission is promoting safe and delicious Japanese food products
and alcoholic beverages to every corner of the world.
We are looking for partners who can help us do that.
- What is the certification program of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas?
This program was designed to certify overseas restaurants, bars and retailers which carry Japanese food and beverages as official “Japanese Food Supporters” in order to further promote Japanese agricultural, forestry, fishery and food products around the world.
The certified period of Japanese Food Supporter is set for two years from the day of certification. (Need to apply for renewing the certification to continue after 2 years.)
Restaurants and retail stores that meet the following requirements will be certified a “Japanese Food Supporter Store”. They shall be able to use the certification logo and promote that their stores are certified.
|For Retail Stores
*In case of EC, selling relevant products to countries outside of Japan.
* Japanese foods are defined as agricultural, forestry, and fishery products that are produced within Japan.
* Japanese alcoholic beverages are defined as alcoholic beverages produced in Japan.
To apply for certification
* There is no charge for certification procedures and issuance of certificates.
If you wish to apply for certification, please click the tab below and apply online.
The Application / Management Body, the Certification Body and Supporter Stores may use the logo mark for the purpose of familiarizing, certifying and promoting Supporter Stores by MAFF.
Please apply from Application Form tabs above and apply online.
(Application for certification renewal can be done when original certified period is left less than 6months.)
JETRO is designated as an operational administrative association for this program in line with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan. Based on the guidelines, we are recruiting overseas organizations such as restaurants and retailers which will be able to play the role of official Japanese Food Supporters by proactively incorporating Japanese ingredients into their menus and stocks.
For more details, please see such as the following application guidebook.
We are also looking for Certification Cooperating Members which agree with the purpose of the program and recommend supporter store candidates and cooperate in PR for the program.
This program has supported by 19 certification Bodies and 9 certification cooperating members.
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (Japanese) (213KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Guidelines for Certification of Japanese Food and Ingredient Supporter Stores Overseas (English) (269KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (Japanese) (154KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
- Outline of the guidelines (English) (161KB) (on the webpage of MAFF)
Agricultural, Forestry, Fisheries and Food Department, JETRO