[RFP] Request for Invest Japan Investment Promotion Specialist
Mar 18, 2021
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OVERVIEW
The JETRO Los Angeles office (“JETRO”) is currently looking for an Invest Japan Investment Promotion Specialist (“the specialist”). If you are interested in this position, please submit your application to the JETRO Los Angeles office in accordance with the following guidelines.
- Subject: Invest Japan Investment Promotion Specialist
- Term of contract: Date of Contract through March 31st, 2022
- Deadline date for Application submission: Monday, March 31st, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. PDT
- Content of Contract: As indicated in Specification document
Purpose and Responsibility of Invest Japan Advisor
See specification document (Appendix A)
Japanese and English
- If the applicant is an employee of another company, the company must have a local or branch office located in California, and the prospective employee must reside in California. If the applicant is an individual, they must live in California.
- The applicant must have basic skills and expertise necessary for completing the tasks listed in the specification document (Appendix A).
- The applicant must have relevant business experience in this field for a minimum of three years.
- The applicant must obtain consent from their employer to work with JETRO in this project. (If applicant is an employee of another business entity).
- If applicant has other business engagements besides their contract with JETRO, it is their responsibility to fulfill both JETRO and their other business obligations.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure sufficient work time to perform the assigned tasks and be diligent in responding to the needs of the clients.
- JETRO will make a payment of $5,100 USD per month. The Service Fee shall be paid after the report which shall be completed to JETRO’s satisfaction (as determined in its sole discretion) and in accordance with JETRO’s standards by each due date described above, and upon receipt of an invoice issued by the Representative which is satisfactory to JETRO (as determined in its sole discretion). For the contract start month, the above monthly amount will be calculated on a daily basis and the cost will be paid.
- Activity fees such as tax, phone/copy, domain name, mail service, transportation fee, and any event registration fee are included in the commission stated in 5a), except those JETRO specifically asked to attend in writing.
When JETRO specifically requests the representative, in writing, to travel for this project, JETRO will pay related travel expenses calculated based on our internal rules. Otherwise, all travel expenses shall be included in the commission stated in Appendix B.
Please fill in the application form, sign and save it as a PDF, and send it to JETRO Los Angeles via email. Relevant materials explaining the applicant’s achievements/experience in the relevant field, corporation profile, etc. will be helpful, if any.
Please send the application to:
Mr. SAEKI Norihiko
JETRO Los Angeles
777 S. Figureroa St., Suite 3750, Los Angeles, California, 90017
TEL: +1- (213) 624-8855
EMAIL: email@example.com / Norihiko_Saeki@jetro.go,jp
- First Selection Process: Document Review
Second Selection Process: Interview with JETRO Los Angeles (JETRO will notify applicants who pass the first selection of the date and time of the interview). JETRO will consider the following as some standards for this selection:
- Level of understanding of the objectives and purposes of this project as well as the willingness to promote this project.
- Degree of expertise and personal connections necessary for this project.
- Relevant business achievements and experiences in the past (domestically or internationally).
- Marketing experience in opening up new markets.
- Ability and agility necessary for consultation and arranging business meetings.
Ability to comply with the purpose of this project and perform ALL of the tasks mentioned above (English).
JETRO will not provide any reasons for its decision to the candidates.
Submitted application documents will not be returned.
Monday, March 31st, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. PDT
Contracts & Term:
- The successful candidate and JETRO Los Angeles will sign on a designated outsourcing agreement provided by JETRO Los Angeles as well as non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
The term of the Agreement shall commence on the date of execution and expire on March 31st, 2022.
Personal data collected through this application process is used solely to select a contractor.
- The successful candidate of this project is required to be compliant with JETRO’s information security regulations when performing the assigned tasks.
- The successful candidate of this project is not allowed to outsource all or part of the project to a third party, unless JETRO provides an advance approval in writing.
- The successful candidate of this project is required to submit monthly activity reports requested by JETRO.
APPLICATION RELATED DOCUMENTS:
Attachment 1: FY2021_JETRO_LA_ApplicationGuideline.pdf ＜PDF＞ (131KB)
Attachment 2: FY2021_JETRO_LA_Specification_AppendixAB.pdf ＜PDF＞ (95KB)
Attachment 3: FY2021_JETRO_LA_ApplicationForm.docx ＜Word＞ (88KB)