|Date||Date of Registration : Apr 12, 2018
Date of Revision : Apr 12, 2018
|Country / Area||Tokyo, Japan|
|Proposal Category||5301 Legal and patent related businesses|
|Target Country / Area||All Countries / Areas|
*Attention: JETRO shall not take any responsibility for the contents provided by users. Please take note of the fact that JETRO leaves the exactness and reliability of the contents to users' judgment.
A Law Firm in Tokyo Focusing on Japanese Business Laws
<< DESCRIPTION >>
Our firm is a boutique law firm based in Tokyo offering high-quality legal services with the focus on the Japanese business laws. The partners of the firm have experiences working at major law firms, and have advised multinational companies on a variety of Japanese business law issues.
Practice Areas: Corporate; M&A; Regulatory; Labor and Employment; Intellectual Property; Competition; Finance; Insolvency; IPO; Real Estate; PFI/PPP; Joint Venture; and Litigation and Dispute Resolution.
Clients: Information Technologies; PE and Activist Funds; Financial Institutions; Manufacturers; Trading; Gaming; Renewable Energies; Restaurant and Catering; Publishing; Staffing; Construction; Healthcare; Apparel; Government Agencies; and NPOs.
Some of the significant matters of our firm are as follows:
- Advised a Japanese listed IT company in negotiations with a Japanese major company which proposed a tender offer for the entirety of the listed shares;
- Advised an owner of a group of Japanese companies with a major presence in senior home and nursery school sectors in its sale of the main businesses to a major European PE fund;
- Advised a major U.S. fund in its approximately USD 3 billion acquisition via bidding of 13 hotels in Japan from a Japanese air carrier;
- Advised an Australian infrastructure fund and its affiliates in their approximately USD 450 million acquisition, and their subsequent sale, of a 19.89 percent stake in a Japanese listed airport building management company;
- Advised a Chinese solar module manufacturing company in its equity investment in a Japanese company;
- Prepared a legal opinion regarding certain Japanese law issues to submit to a U.K. court in connection with a litigation case between a Japanese company and a U.K. company; and
- Advised a local government in Japan in a PFI project to construct and operate an elementary school and a local feeding center.
Tokyo, JapanApr 12, 2018 RegistrationApr 12, 2018 Revision
Total Sum of CONTACT Received : 0