skip to contents.

TTPP, JETRO's business matching site, provides extensive supports to business people who want to find international business partners for their overseas production, sales assignment, market development and business support services as well as business people who want to start or expand their trade businesses such as export and import transactions.

JAPANESE

Investment in Rooftop Solar power plants in India

Proposal Number : 1161336       Find investors
Date Date of Registration : Feb 22, 2018
Date of Revision : Feb 22, 2018
Country / AreaWest Bengal, India 
Proposal Category 4300 Electricity, gas, heating, and water industries
8409 Other environmental conservation
4202 Engineering industry (including plant design and planning)
Target Country / Area All Countries / Areas

*Attention: JETRO shall not take any responsibility for the contents provided by users. Please take note of the fact that JETRO leaves the exactness and reliability of the contents to users' judgment.

Detail Description

Investment in Rooftop Solar power plants in India

<< DESCRIPTION >>
We will setup, own and operate solar plants on the roofs of industrial, commercial and institutional clients. In return, clients will enter into a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with us and pay per unit charges for the total energy generated. The PPA will be long term in nature and last for the life of each project. We are looking for investors.

*Investment Amount
Equity of USD 5 mn.
However, as the business model is versatile, it can be easily scaled up or scaled down. So the investment amount can be discussed during further conversations.

*Rough Breakdown
We will create tangible and paying assets, that is, solar power plants from approximately 95% to 97% of the invested money. The rest 3% to 5% of the invested money will be utilized for team enhancement and investing in operational efficiency.

*Our responsibility/role
We will be responsible for each and every activity involved in running and scaling the business. However, we are open to evaluating synergies that can be drawn with investors, if they want so. Additionally, we will be provide Investors a seat in the Board of Directors.

*ROI Plan
More than 95% of the equity raised will be used to create assets, which are self-paying in nature. The business is capital intensive in nature where the initial cost of setting up the power plant will be borne by us. In return, we will charge the client for the energy produced each month for 25 years. This mechanism in itself will yield an Expected Equity IRR greater than 18% to 20%. We will maintain operational profit from day one and will not indulge in cash burn (or losses).

Moreover, keeping in mind the government's push and massive industry potential, we will want to scale up the operations at the earliest and consider an IPO, which will provide exponential Return on Investment to our investors. The financial matrices can be discussed in greater details during subsequent talks.

Investment Amount US$ 5,000,000
User Info
Previous Page

User Guide

Support Agriculture

Support India

Support Indonesia

RUSSIA x JAPAN Business Matching Support Project

Global Links

News Delivery

You get TTPP new proposals twice a day!

  • E-mail
  • RSS

TTPP news letter Back Numbers