Succeed Together in Japan and Beyond
Japan is one of the largest and innovative economy in world. Learn more about your business opportunities and JETRO's support on our special webpage.
JETRO and the Japanese economy have adapted to the COVID-19 pandemic. For any matters related to COVID-19 in Japan you can contact our COVID-19 Business Support team.
Promotion Video Series: "With and Beyond COVID-19: Business Opportunities in Japan":
- Work Style Changes in Japan link
- Accelerating Digitalization of Medical Care in Japan link
- Innovation Ecosystem Leading the Way in Japan link
Why Japan? : 5 reasons to invest in JAPAN
1. Japanʼs Re-emergence
The Japanese economy is back on a recovery track after two lost decades. Through Abenomicsʼ large scale monetary easing, tax reform and various deregulation, it is showing growth again.
2. Sophisticated Market
A huge and sophisticated market exists in Japan.
3. Innovation Hub
Japan has an intellectual accumulation that generates innovation.
4. Business Friendly Infrastructures
Supporting business with well-developed social infrastructure.
5. Comfortable Living
A country where you can live safely and pleasantly.
The full document "WHY JAPAN? 5 reasons to invest in JAPAN" is available here.
Swiss World In Japan - Business Guide for Swiss Companies in Japan
As the 2021 version, we have updated the directory, promising market information, and new successful cases of entering Japan!
Please click here to access to the PDF version of Swiss World In Japan 2021.
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) has issued Swiss World In Japan — Business Guide for Swiss companies in Japan.
Swiss World in Japan brings information for potential investors, such as Swiss companies that consider to invest in Japan. It is also intended for Swiss businesses and people already present in the Japanese market.
As a result, it serves not only as a business starter set, but also as a tool to further expand business in Japan.
Swiss World In Japan is a project developed under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by the JETRO and Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE) on July 9, 2014, in Tokyo, Japan. The purpose of this MoU is to strengthen the mutual cooperation between the two organizations and to further expand trade and investment between Japan and Switzerland.
The business guide provides a directory of contacts in Japan. Swiss companies are divided into several sectors: business services, financial services, food, health & life sciences, luxury & consumer goods, machinery electronics & infrastructure. It also includes Swiss, public institutions, associations and restaurants, as well as international schools, and Japanese governmental organizations, industrial organizations and business institutes.
Swiss World in Japan also provides information about:
- Japanese industrial clusters and promising markets (life sciences, ICTs, renewable energies),
- Environment & Energy, Tourism, Manufacturing (2021 edition)
- available incentives from the central government and from 20 local governments (cities and prefectures),
- key agreements related to free trade, double taxation, social security, and other matters is also available,
- reforms to be accomplished by the year 2020 (Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games).
It further includes interviews with representatives of three companies that have successfully set up their business in Japan:
- M-Industry (subsidiary of the Migros Group distributing consuming products);
- Feintool Japan (precision manufacturing of metal parts, presses and tools);
- Sefar (manufacturing of precision fabrics).
- Aux Merveilleux de Fred (confectionery store, 2021 edition)
You will also find information about JETRO’s and Swiss Business Hub’s services.
The 2016 version can be find here.