The Japan External Trade Organization, or JETRO, is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the official website of JETRO ("JETRO Website").
- In general, JETRO will not collect personal information, by which a customer is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the JETRO Website. Some services offered through the JETRO Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services. In such cases, prior to asking you to submit your personal information, JETRO will clearly specify the purposes of use of such information and will use the collected data only within the scope of such purposes. JETRO will not use your personal information without your consent for other purposes.
- Our services collecting your personal information
- "Contact Us" and "Inquiry Form"
- "E-Mail Newsletter"
- Application for seminars and exhibitions
- Application for JETRO's various services
- Examples of personal information JETRO will collect
- Your company name, your job title
- Zip code, address, phone number, fax number
- E-mail address
- Other personal information as needed according to specific services
- JETRO will use the personal data it has collected with respect to customers for the following purposes. JETRO will use your personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes.
- Accepting customer opinions and inquiries, and responding to such opinions and inquiries;
- Implementation and operation of services, events, seminars, etc., for which the customer has applied;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning services, events, seminars, etc. in which customers participate, and to grasp the outcomes of such services, events, seminars, etc.;
- To provide information on JETRO's services, events, seminars, and other events related to regions/countries, sectors, and businesses that customers are interested in;
- Review, development, and launch of new services provided by JETRO to customers;
- To improve JETRO services to make them more user-friendly;
- To analyze and collect statistics on customers using JETRO's services;
- Activities related to the above;
- To achieve other purposes of use that were clearly indicated at the time of acquiring the personal data of customers;
In addition, we use content sharing functions provided by social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn and the video streaming function of YouTube on the JETRO Website. Cookies issued by third parties such as these social media platforms are used to track information that is provided by customers or is obtained from customers’ use history. In addition, JETRO may analyze your interests based on your behavioral history on this Website, such as the date and time of access and the files you accessed, for the purpose of providing you with useful information, etc.
- JETRO will not disclose personal information you provide JETRO via the JETRO Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances: JETRO has your consent.
- JETRO is required by law to disclose such information.
- JETRO shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is JETRO's policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data, such as the number of customers by region, industry, or age group.
- there is a need to protect a human life, body or property, enhance public hygiene, etc.
- there is a need to cooperate when a person entrusted by a central government organization performs affairs prescribed by laws and regulations.
- JETRO has appropriate measures in place against unauthorized accesses, leakage or alteration of personal information.
- Regarding access to the server from outside, JETRO allows only the minimum protocols necessary for providing our services to pass through the firewall.
- JETRO seeks to protect your personal information against unauthorized accesses using firewalls and virus detection systems.
- JETRO uses the SSL protocol to encrypt and secure transmitted data.
For services other than the JETRO Website provided by JETRO, necessary and appropriate organizational and technical measures are taken to ensure security for each type of service.
- JETRO cannot control your personal information located in an outside website created by private companies, public/private organizations and individuals, which is not under the control of JETRO and to which JETRO Website links. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving the JETRO Website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners of the outside website, which may collect your personal information. JETRO recommends that you take care of handling your personal information and review the privacy and security policy of such websites.
- If you would like to discontinue using any or all of JETRO’s services for which you registered your personal information or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures. If no procedure has been provided for a service, please contact the following contact address.
- Contact address:
Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Data Strategy and Operations Division
Address: Ark Mori Building 6F, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Updated: Feburary 2, 2021
Updated: September 2, 2020
Updated: May 25, 2018
Updated: November 1, 2005
First published: May 14, 2001