MOU signed with Switzerland Global Enterprise
On July 9, the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) aimed at strengthening mutual cooperation with the Switzerland Global Enterprise (S-GE) toward further expansion of trade and investment between Japan and Switzerland.
By enhancing collaboration with S-GE through this MOU, JETRO intends to accelerate business interaction between both countries including increasing direct investment by Swiss companies.
The signing was conducted between JETRO Chairman and CEO Hiroyuki Ishige and S-GE CEO Daniel K端ng at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) in the presence of Japanese METI State Minister Kazuyoshi Akaba and Swiss Federal Councillor Johann N. Schneider-Ammann, Head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research (EAER), on the occasion of the Federal Councillor's visit to Japan.
Through the MOU, both parties have pledged to the following:
- Sharing information on best practices and successful cases of trade and investment
- Supporting the other party in organizing seminars and dispatching business delegations
- Providing the other party with referrals of companies of its own country interested in making direct investment in the other country
- Promoting cooperation between Japanese and Swiss companies in third countries
- Supporting the "Agreement on Free Trade and Economic Partnership between Japan and the Swiss Confederation" (Japan-Swiss EPA)