MOUs signed with Enterprise Ireland and Investment and Development Agency Ireland
JETRO concluded memorandums of understanding (MOUs) with Enterprise Ireland (EI) and Investment and Development Agency Ireland (IDA Ireland) to strengthen cooperation toward increasing trade and investment between Ireland and Japan. Through these agreements, JETRO and the two organizations aim to help Japanese and Irish companies expanding business into one another's country.
On December 3, 2013, JETRO held a symposium entitled "Japan-Ireland Joint Initiative Toward a Future Created by Green Energy" at JETRO Tokyo Headquarters commemorating the visit of Mr. Enda Kenny, T.D., Taoiseach (Prime Minister of Ireland), to Japan. On this occasion, the MOUs were signed by JETRO President Satoshi Miyamoto and EI Chief Executive Officer Julie Sinnamon and IDA Ireland Chief Executive Officer Barry O'Leary, respectively, before the Irish Prime Minister and Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Midori Matsushima.
Through the MOUs the parties have agreed to make their utmost efforts to promote and develop trade and investment between the two countries in the following areas:
- Supporting the counterpart in organizing seminars and business missions related to trade and investment promotion between Ireland and Japan;
- Sharing information on activity plans of each party and promoting successful cases of business between both countries:
- Sharing good practices in promoting inward foreign direct investment;
- Promoting trade that may lead to two-way direct investment between both countries and facilitating access to each party's assistance;
- Development of partnership between industrial clusters of both countries through information exchange on potential linkages, collaborative R&D as well as cross-promotion of activities for industrial clusters of each country;
- Encouraging cooperation between Irish and Japanese companies in third countries by sharing information on collaborative work between them; and
- Any other relevant public relations and cross-promotion of activities and services through such means as cross linking of websites and information displays in their respective offices.