JETRO concludes MOU with Italian Trade Agency (ICE)
JETRO and the Italian Trade Promotion Agency (Agenzia per la promozione all'estero e l'internazionalizzazione delle Imprese italiane: ICE) concluded a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to strengthen their partnership aiming at facilitating trade and investment between Japan and Italy. The ICE supports the country's small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their export and internationalization and promotes inward investment. Both parties aim to promote two-way direct investment, especially for SMEs.
On October 24, on the occasion of the 25th Joint Meeting of Italy-Japan Business Group, the MOU was exchanged between ICE's President Riccardo Maria Monti and JETRO's President Satoshi Miyamoto in the presence of Italian Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Bruno Archi, Italian Ambassador to Japan Domenico Giorgi, Japanese Parliamentary Vice Trade Minister Ryosei Tanaka and Japanese Ambassador to Italy Masaharu Kono.
The parties agreed to:
- Support one another in organizing seminars on trade promotion between the two countries and dispatching business delegations
- Share information and promote successful cases of business between the countries
- Promote mutual direct investment
- Develop the partnership between industrial clusters of both countries through information exchange
- Encourage cooperation between companies of both countries in third countries
- Public relations and cross-promotion of activities and services