JETRO concludes MOU with ICEX Spain Trade and Investment
On October 3, 2013, JETRO and ICEX (Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior) Spain Trade and Investment concluded a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to strengthen their partnership aiming at facilitating trade and investment between Japan and Spain. ICEX Spain Trade and Investments supports the country's small and medium-sized companies in their export and internationalization and promotes inward investment. Both parties promote two-way direct investment and also encourage cooperation of their companies in third countries.
The MOU was exchanged between Mr. Jaime García-Legaz Ponce, President of ICEX and JETRO's President Satoshi Miyamoto in the presence of Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Spanish President Mariano Rajoy Brey, who was on a trip to Japan, at the Prime Minister's Office. The conclusion of the MOU was mentioned in the joint statement by the Japanese Prime Minister and Spanish President titled "Partnership for Peace, Growth, and Innovation" on October 3, 2013.
The parties agreed to:
- Share information such as activities and success cases of the organizations
- Cooperate in convening business and networking events
- Make referral of specific projects (export and investment)
- Cooperate in information provision and public relations such as a mutually linking websites
- Share information concerning partnership between Spanish and Japanese companies in third countries