Investing in Japan
Regional Information Yokohama city
Your Regional Guide
1-1, Minato-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0017
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
Yokohama has a long history of receiving foreign visitors and residents since the port opened in 1859, and thus has on hand all the amenities that persons from abroad might need for a comfortable lifestyle.
- A forward-looking and open atmosphere
- A great diversity of cultural and artistic facilities and a profusion of entertainment facilities
- A comfortable and relaxing living environment
- Pleasant natural surroundings, etc.
The city government welcomes consultations on city administration, laws, traffic accidents, and other matters via interpreters at the Yokohama City Hall, and the Yokohama Association for International Communications and Exchanges (YOKE) offers foreign residents of Yokohama a full spectrum of services, supporting the international exchange activities of foreign students and residents, dispatching volunteer interpreters, and issuing information bulletins in foreign languages.
- International schools and foreign schools; 10 schools
- The languages available (English, French, German, Chinese, Korean, Indian, Japanese, etc.) vary by school.
- Related Link
- International Schools in Yokohama
Health services catering to foreigners
Yokohama Municipal Citizen's Hospital, Yokohama Rosai Hospital, etc.
- Related Link
- Medical and general welfare