Investing in Japan
Regional Information Yokohama city
Your Regional Guide
1-1, Minato-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0017
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
- About 22 minutes to Haneda and 84minutes to Narita Airport. In 2010 Haneda Airport began operating some international flights, making the access from Yokohama to Asia and European countries much more convenient.
- Railway travel on the Shinkansen makes it possible to reach destinations around the country, including Nagoya and Osaka, rapidly. All trains on the Tokaido Shinkansen Line currently stop at Shin-yokohama Station, enhancing convenience.
- Although Yokohama has such high-developed infrastructure, land prices and office rents are about 60% to 70% those of Tokyo. Many office buildings are equipped with the latest in information infrastructure, enabling companies to operate in a comfortable business environment at low cost.