Investing in Japan
Regional Information Yamanashi
Yamanashi, the best place for locating your business base
Your Regional Guide
1-6-1 Marunouchi, Kofu-city, Yamanashi Prefecture 400-8501
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO .
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of January 2017.
|Labor force*1||0.43 million|
|GDP*3||3,129,857 million yen|
|Major industries||Production machinery, electrical machinery, food products, information and communication machinery,electronic parts and devices|
|Land price(for 1m²)*5||
|Number of Establishments*6||45,636|
|Number of Employees*6||367,195|
Strength of the region's industries and economy
In addition to a wealth of traditional technologies, represented best by Yamanashi jewelry crafting, the prefecture offers excellent access to the mechanical electronics industry concentration of the Tama region, Tokyo. For this reason, many companies, such as electronic component manufacturers, semiconductor device manufacturers, semiconductor manufacturing device manufacturers, robots and other mechatronics manufacturers and electronics manufacturers, have expanded into Yamanashi, making it one of the largest mechanical electronics industry concentrations in Japan.
- Subsidies proportional to the amount of investment made in factory, etc., establishment are available.
- For IT-related companies, subsidies are available for office rent.
- Related Link
- Industrial location guide: Yamanashi Business Siting Commission
- Incentive: Yamanashi Business Siting Commission Preferential Treatment System