Investing in Japan
Regional Information Shimane
- Gods of power pervade earth Shimane - Now, leap from here!Shimane Prefecture will supportcheer the manufacturing · IT industry.
Your Regional Guide : Takayuki Tsukamoto
1 Tonomachi, Matsue-city, Shimane Prefecture 690-8501
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
- The percentage of home owners is among the top in the nation. Compared to urban areas, the average land price is low.
- Commuting to work or school in a crowded train is never seen here. Compared to urban areas, women and elderly people effectively use cars for everyday living. The average commuting time of Shimane Prefecture is approximately half of that in Tokyo.
- The number of high schools per 10,000 people between 15 to 17 years old is the highest in Japan, realizing the provision of more personalized education for each student.
- The number of general clinics per 100,000 people is the second highest and above Tokyo. The number of doctors and hospital beds also significantly surpasses the national average.
- The number of criminal offenses is the second lowest in Japan.