Investing in Japan
Regional Information Osaka
Osaka supports growing industries (life sciences, new energy area)!
Your Regional Guide
Sakishima Bld.25F,1-14-16 Nankoukita, Suminoe-ku, Osaka 559-8555
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO .
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of January 2017.
- Osaka Prefecture strives to offer residents living environments optimal from a business perspective, e.g., a variety of housing options and comfortable commuting.
- As of the end of December 2015, the number of foreign residents in Osaka Prefecture was approximately 210,000 people, accounting for approximately 2.4% of the total population in the prefecture, many of whom are from Asian countries.
- Osaka Prefecture provides international children with well-tailored educational environments, e.g., international schools where students can complete internationally certified programs.
- As of the end of December 2015, the number of international students was 19,886, the second largest figure after Tokyo.
- The prefecture is the home of top-level medical facilities and provides a fully-prepared emergency medical system.
Osaka YMCA International School, Osaka International School, Osaka Umeda
International School, etc.
Health services catering to foreigners
-Many medical organizations in the prefecture have English-speaking staff. Some of which also provide staff who speak German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and other languages. For instance, Rinku General Medical Center has the Department of International Medical Care in which volunteer interpreters (English, Chinese, Portuguese and Spanish) accompany those seeking medical care from the time of arrival to the hospital.