Investing in Japan
Regional Information Okayama
“Sunny land Okayama,” with superior business environment and less risk of natural disaster
Your Regional Guide : Tomoyuki Shiose
2-4-6 Uchisange, Kita-ku, Okayama-City, Okayama Prefecture 700-8570
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
- A hub connecting a large-area high-speed land, sea and air transportation networks with a global focus
The area has one of the best transportation infrastructures in Japan; an expressway network covers the whole prefecture, a railway network that extends from JR Okayama Station including Shinkansen, Mizushima Port - an international hub port with increasing international functionality and Okayama Airport equipped with a 3,000m runway hosting both domestic and international flights.
The Prefecture has two expressways running east-west and one expressway connecting the Sea of Japan and the Pacific via the Seto Inland Sea. The area reachable within two hours covers Osaka, Shikoku and San-in and constitutes a huge market with a population of 16.4 million.
* Travel time using expressways 4 hours 28 minutes to Nagoya, 5 hours 23 minutes to Fukuoka, 2 hours to Osaka, 1 hour 41 minutes to Kobe, 1 hour 50 minutes to Yonago and 1 hour and 50 minutes to Kochi.
Regular domestic services to Tokyo, Sapporo and Naha, and regular international services to Seoul, Shanghai, Guam and Taipei. Chartered service to Asia/Pacific region, etc.
*Access to neighboring major cities
Domestic flights: 1 hour 10 minutes to Tokyo (Haneda Airport), 10 round trips/day
International flights: 1 hour 35 minutes to Seoul (Incheon International Airport), 2 hours to Shanghai (Pudong International Airport), 1 fight/day respectively.
3 hours 30 minutes to Hong Kong, 2 flights/week2 hours 45 minutes to Taipei (Taoyuan International Airport), 4 flights/week
*Annual number of passengers: 1.43 million
Mizushima Port boasts one of Japan's largest cargo transportation volumes (ranked at 9th in 2015). It is equipped with an international container terminal and provides regular container services to three nations and one region (Korea, China, Taiwan and Vietnam).
*Foreign trade container volume (per year): 1.523 million tons
Eight routes including the Shinkansen run into Okayama Prefecture, composing a huge cross-point to/from major cities nationwide.
* Travel time using Shinkansen 3 hours 9 minutes to Tokyo, 1 hour 35 minutes to Nagoya, 44 minutes to Osaka and 1 hour 38 minutes to Hakata.