Investing in Japan
Regional Information Nagano
Nagano Prefecture, supporting monodzukuri (manufacturing) with precision technology
Your Regional Guide : Yusuke Hosoi
692-2 Minaminagano Habashita, Nagano-city, Nagano Prefecture 380-8570
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
Nagano Prefecture is an inland prefecture located in the central region of Honshu - Japan's main island - and surrounded by eight other prefectures. It is surrounded by high mountains, such as the Northern and Southern Alps, which average 3,000m in height. It has a total land area of 13,562km²; (Japan's fourth largest prefecture), is 78% covered with woodlands. Due its inland location, winters are cold and summers are cool, and it is a popular destination for sports and leisure throughout all four seasons, with roughly 100 million tourists visiting it a year.
In August 2014, a fully-residential international high school "International School of Asia Karuizawa" is scheduled to open in Karuizawa town, Kita saku gun.
Health services catering to foreigners
Many hospitals in Nagano offer services in various languages such as English, Chinese, Korean, German and Spanish etc.
- Hospitals with foreign languages support
- Aizawa Hospital (Matsumoto City)
- Azumino Red Cross Hospital (Azumino City)
- Shinsei Hospital (Obuse Town)
- Miyota Central Memorial Hospital (Miyota Town) etc.