Investing in Japan
Regional Information Mie
Mie Prefecture is a perfect place to operate your business!
Your Regional Guide : Kenji Yamakawa, Tomomi Shima
13 Komei-cho, Tsu-shi, Mie prefecture 514-8570
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
- Easy access to all areas of Japan thanks to Mie’s location at the center of the Japanese island chain
- Providing outstanding business environments for business-to-business and business-to-consumer models, due to its closeness to two large commercial areas in Japan: the Chubu and Kansai regions
- Easy access to both domestic and overseas destinations through the Central Japan International Airport. The full completion of the Tokai-Kanjo Expressway and the future operation of the Superconducting Maglev Chuo Shinkansen will further enhance accessibility from the rest of Japan.
Expressway network: Higashi-Meihan Expressway, Shin-Meishin Expressway, Ise Expressway, Isewangan Expressway, National Highway (Route 25 (aka: Meihan Highway) *has toll-free sections (Kameyama - Tenri)
Central Japan International Airport: Provides access to North America, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Oceania, the Pacific and elsewhere
Yokkaichi Port, together with Nagoya Port in neighboring Aichi Prefecture, are both designated international hub ports. Also accessible to Osaka Port.
The Kintetsu and JR lines offer access from Nagoya to Kyoto, Osaka and other major cities.