Investing in Japan
Regional Information Kagawa
Kagawa Prefecture- place with less natural disaster and residents can feel secured
Your Regional Guide
4-1-10 Bancho, Takamatsu-city, Kagawa Prefecture 760-8570
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
Sunport Takamatsu, located facing the Seto Inland Sea, includes an office building, a city hotel, Takamatsu Port Passenger Terminal Building, and JR Takamatsu Station. Utilizing its nationally unprecedented location where the town meets the sea, Kagawa Prefecture and Takamatsu City work together to create a new town; building a new city that can catch up with the global current of globalization and computerization, improving the capability of the sea/surface transportation terminal as the gateway to Shikoku Island and enhancing the function of the waterfront area to take advantage of the beautiful landscape of the Inland Sea and Tamamo Castle (Tamamo Park). Free Wi-Fi is also available. It takes about 40 minutes to Takamatsu Airport via airport bus.
The whole Trans Shikoku Expressway (Takamatsu Expressway) and Honshu-Shikoku Bridges including Seto Ohashi Bridge were opened to traffic, perfecting an express traffic network.
Travel time from Takamatsu City
- Tokushima City: Approx. 1 hour 20 min. - Matsuyama City: Approx. 2 hours 10 min. - Kochi City: Approx. 1 hour 50 min. - Okayama City: Approx. 1 hour 20 min. - Hiroshima City: Approx. 3 hours 10 min. - Kobe City: Approx. 2 hours 20 min. - Osaka City: Approx. 2 hours 50 min.
Takamatsu Airport: 13 round-trip services per day connect to Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) and up to 2 round-trip services per day connect to Tokyo International Airport (Narita). Scheduled flights also operate to Naha, Seoul, Shanghai and Taipei.
Travel time from Takamatsu Airport
- Tokyo (Haneda: Approx. 1 hour 20 min. - Tokyo (Narita): Approx. 1 hour 30 min. - Okinawa: Approx. 1 hour 50 min.
- Seoul: Approx. 1 hour 40 min. - Hong Kong: Approx. 3 hours 35 min. - Shanghai: Approx. 2 hours. - Taiwan: Approx. 2 hours 40 min.
Takamatsu Port (designated port): regular international container lines to Shanghai, Tsingtao, Dalian and Busan.
Regular domestic liner connects Takamatsu Port with Kobe Port and Uno Port.
Travel time from Takamatsu Port
- Kobe: Approx. 4 hours - Uno: Approx. 1 hour
About One hour from Okayama Station (Sanyo Shinkansen Line) via a rapid or limited express train (Seto Ohashi Line)