Investing in Japan
Regional Information Ishikawa
Ishikawa-The Real Japan
Your Regional Guide : Mitsuru Narita
1-1 Kuratsuki, Kanazawa-city, Ishikawa Prefecture 920-8580
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
Ishikawa is located almost exactly in the center of the Japanese archipelago; is within close reach of the Tokyo metropolitan area, the Kansai region, and the Chukyo region; and is a distribution hub. Access to overseas countries via Haneda Airport etc. is also good, with direct flights running to Shanghai.
- 2 hours 30 minutes by train to Tokyo, 1 hour by plane to Tokyo (10 roundtrip flights per day from Komatsu Airport) (2 roundtrip flights per day from the Noto Airport)
- 2 hours35 minutes to Osaka by train (25 roundtrip trains per day)
- 2 hours 30 minutes by train to Nagoya (15 roundtrip trains per day)
- Direct flights to Shanghai and Seoul (3-4 roundtrip flights per week)
- Direct flights to Taipei (5 roundtrip flights per week)
Ishikawa has several main arterial lines running through it, such as the Hokuriku Expressway, Meishin Expressway, and Tokai-Hokuriku Expressway, providing efficient transportation access to three of Japan's major metropolitan areas. Two hours and forty-seven minutes to Nagoya, three hours and thirty-one minutes to Osaka, and five hours and thirty-six minutes to Tokyo.
Ishikawa Prefecture is connected by air routes to Tokyo (12 daily roundtrip flights), Narita (1 daily roundtrip flight), Hokkaido, Tohoku, Kyushu and Okinawa.
Internationally, there are direct flights to Shanghai and Seoul (3-4 roundtrip flights (for both) per week), Taipei (7 roundtrip flights per week), and Cargolux freight flights to Luxembourg in Europe (4 flights per week), and Silk Way freight flights to Azerbaijan in Central Asia (2 flights per week).
Port Kanazawa maintains six tranship routes weekly with Busan in Korea, from which there are routes to the rest of Asia, Europe and North America. There are once-a-week routes to South Korea and China, as well as once-a-week routes to Shanghai, Dalian and Tsingtao in China. It also maintains a monthly scheduled cargo route with Southeast Asia.
The Komatsu Corporation (one of the world's leading companies in construction machinery manufacturing; approximately 500 affiliate companies in Ishikawa) originated in Ishikawa Prefecture, and a number of its products are shipped to the world via Port Kanazawa.
Access to three of Japan largest metropolitan areas
- Two hours and thirty minutes to Tokyo.
- Two hours and thirty minutes to Osaka; Two hours and twenty-five minutes to Nagoya