Investing in Japan
Regional Information Ishikawa
Your Regional Guide : Tadaaki Kimura
1-1 Kuratsuki, Kanazawa-city, Ishikawa Prefecture 920-8580
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO .
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of January 2017.
|Population *1||1.15 million|
|Labor force *1||0.58 million|
|Area *2||4,186.1 km²|
|GDP *3||4,544,888 million yen|
|Major industries||Information-related industry, machinery-related industry, textile-related industry, traditional industry and tourism|
|Land price(for 1m²) *5||
|Number of Establishments *6||64,173|
|Number of Employees *6||538,709|
Singapore(Joint office with JETRO) / Shanghai, China
Strength of the region's industries and economy
"Ishikawa's industrial bases are machinery and metal industry , textiles, and food products.The share of total shipment value of machinery and metal industry in all shipment value produced in Ishikawa prefecture in 2012 was 69.8%, 7.5% for textiles and 5.8% for food products.
The prefecture is home to a number of companies with significant domestic market shares which produce world level high quality products such as displays, PC peripherals, bottling machines, machine tools, textile machinery and other products.
In recent years the development of IT-related industries in Ishikawa has been remarkable. Ranks of the per capita number registered by Ishikawa prefecture in all prefectures in 2012 were 4th for existing offices, 6th for employees and 6th for amount of sales.
Foreign company(s) operating in the industry
Eight foreign firms have expanded their operations into Ishikawa. These include machinery, metalworking and chemical companies from America, Europe and Asia.
Subsidy up to 5 billion yen is available
- Employment expansion-related corporate establishment promotion subsidy.
- Ishikawa Science Park laboratory establishment promotion subsidy.
- Creative industry establishment promotion subsidy.
Corporate establishment promotion
- Target Businesses: New business establishment from outside the prefecture; establishment on sites designated by the prefecture
- Target Costs: Factory site, building, machinery and equipment, etc., 2/3rd of acquisition costs. (up to 500 million yen)
- Interest rate: Set by the Governor: Financing period of 10 years or less・・・fixed 1.60%/Financing period of over 10 years・・・variable 1.75% (as of April 1, 2013)
- Financing Period: 15 years of less ( period of deferment : within two years)
Ishikawa Sunrise Industries Creation Organization (ISICO), JETRO Kanazawa, international law firms and others work together to provide support via the “International Business Support Desk”.
Database of candidate partners
Ishikawa Sunrise Industries Creation Organization: International Business Matching
Local Ishikawa companies with high technological capability and a desire to form business partnerships with foreign companies are listed by industry on the website. This information is available in Chinese and Korean in addition to English.
Ishikawa Virtual Industrial Park
Introductions to high-caliber manufacturing companies in Ishikawa. More than 400 companies listed. Search by category, company name or keyword is available.