Investing in Japan
Regional Information Chiba
An excellent location in the world's largest metropolitan area! Chiba, where nature and sightseeing harmonize with a variety of industries
Your Regional Guide
WBG Marive East 23F, 2-6-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba 261-7123
- If you can't find the information you need, please contact JETRO.
- Please note that inquires not regarding investment in Japan may not be answered.
The information below is as of November 2017.
Biotech industries (super foods, etc.)
(Related sectors: Life science, Food manufacturing)
- In the Chiba and Tokatsu regions, new cross-disciplinary research is underway at universities, research institutes, and biotech venture companies in the areas of medical services, development of new drugs, diagnostic agents, and analytical devices that employ nanotechnology.
- Chiba Bio Lifescience Network
- Kazusa Bio Venture Network
There are over 100 biotech, medical care, welfare, and health service companies located in Chiba, including the international R&D site, Kazusa.
|Principal Japanese companies in the industry||
Kikkoman, a company that operates worldwide (soy source and biotech products using brewing technology), is one of the companies located here.
|Major education/research institutes of the industry||
|Major industry cluster plans, special zones and industry-government-academia collaboration of the industry||