Investing in Japan
Latest Updates Ministry of Justice: Creating online guide for procedures of business and corporate registration for foreign nationals and for living overseas
Apr 17, 2017
The Ministry of Justice has taken various measures to address issues which occur when foreign nationals establish corporations in Japan or when CEOs of corporations have no domiciles in Japan, such as complications over an absence of a certificate of a registered seal and difficulties in opening a bank account.
The Ministry created an online guide compiling and explaining these measures which are based on an immediate report by the "Working Group for Revising Regulations and Administrative Procedures," organized by the Council for Promotion of Foreign Direct Investment in Japan.
Ministry of Justice: Procedures of commercial and corporation registration for foreign nationals and expatriates
Descriptions are included below with related links.
- Making it possible to register incorporation in Japan even if all CEOs of a company are living overseas.
- Handling of paperwork which evidences payment of certificates required for the establishment of a limited liability company (range of anticipated payment period, deposits, range of people acceptable to be bank account holders)
- Certificates of signature accepted at registration
- Translation of attached documents written in foreign languages
- Methods of conveying consent to contracts (other than by signature)