Investing in Japan
Invest Japan Hotline
JETRO supports foreign companies and foreign-affiliated companies in Japan by
- Giving consultation regarding administrative procedures required for FDI into Japan.
- Arranging meetings with officials of regulatory agencies if needed.
- Relaying requests for regulatory reforms to the Japanese government.
from foreign companies or foreign-affiliated companies in Japan
- Consultation regarding and investing in Japan
(Administrative procedures and information on regulations and systems, use of the "Regulatory Sandbox Scheme ")
- Requests for regulatory reforms
Days: Monday to Friday （Closed on Saturday and Sunday, national holidays）
- Accepting inquiries
- Collating content of inquiries
(translating into Japanese when necessary)
if able to answer the matter, JETRO will answer questions directly.
- After the relevant authorities receive the request, they will coordinate with JETRO on a date and time for consultation.
within the same day
- In principal, a Jetro staff will escort the foreign company or the foreign-affiliated company, representative and provide language support during the consultation with the relevant authorities.
within one week (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- After examining the request, the Cabinet Office will ask the relevant authorities to consider possibilities of reform.
- Certain answers from the relevant authorities may be reported to the Regulatory Reform Council for discussion. As a general rule, the Cabinet Office report the result of the deliberation at the Council to JETRO prior to the official announcement.
- The result of the deliberation at the Council will be reported to the foreign company or the foreign-affiliated company through JETRO if it is to be released to the public.