Industrial Tourism in Japan
Yanase Takashi Memorial Hall (“Anpanman Museum” and “Poem and Märchen Gallery” )
The Yanase Takashi Memorial Hall was founded in 1996, focusing on collections, research and publications from the eclectic and creative works of Takashi Yanase. At the hall you can experience the world of “Anpanman,” a series of children’s books, through Mr. Yanase’s hand-drawn illustrations and rare original copies of his books. There is also the Poem and Märchen Gallery where you can appreciate the work of the magazine “Poem and Märchen,” a major part of the artist’s life work. The goal for this museum is to display this wide range of work, in order to continue the popularity of Mr. Yanase’s comics, picture books, poetry and illustrations.
1224-2, Birafu, Kahoku-cho, Kami-City, Kochi
- From Tosayamada Station (JR Dosan Line), about 25 min on JR Otochi Bus Line; get off at Anpanman Museum - Mae stop
- From the Kochi City, about 60 min (about 30 km)
- From Kochi Ryoma Airport, about 40 min (about 20 km)
- From Nankoku IC on Kochi Expressway, about 35 min (about 18 km)
Parking (for passenger cars): Available (near the facility premises)
Parking fee: Free
Parking of tour buses (large/medium): Possible (at the second parking lot near the facility premises)
Tour bus parking fee: Free
All Yanase Takashi Memorial Hall locations
Middle/high school students: ¥500
Children (3 and up): ¥300
Poem and Märchen Gallery only
Middle/high school students: ¥200
Elementary school students : ￥100
|Working days and hours||
9:30 - 17:00 (admission until 16:30)
7/20 - 8/31: 9:00 - 17:00 (admission until 16:30)
* When a holiday falls on a Tuesday, the museum is closed the following day. This does not apply to the following periods: March 25th to April 6th, April 29th to May 5th, July 20th to August 31th, December 24th to January 7th
|Visitor capacity||Contact beforehand|
|Time required for a tour||About 90 min|
Required in the case of groups
Video and photography are permitted in the Anpanman Museum as long as it is for your own personal enjoyment. However, it is prohibited to upload such footage or images onto the Internet, such as on blogs or Facebook.
Eating and drinking is prohibited within the facility.
We have elevators and barrier-free restrooms.
There are some exhibits which cannot be viewed up-close due to proximity to stair cases.