Industrial Tourism in Japan
Nissan Motor - Iwaki Plant
This plant, which began operation in January 1994, is a facility that has introduced the latest equipment and produces the latest fuel-efficient, low weight, and compact VQ engines used in the Fuga, Skyline, and Fairlady Z models.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. Iwaki Plant
386, Shimokawa-aza-Otsurugi, Izumi-cho, Iwaki-shi, Fukushima 971-8183
From JR Ueno Station, take the Joban Line Super Express train "Super Hitachi" and get off at Izumi Station. The facility is ten minutes by taxi.
By car: From the Iwaki-Nakoso Interchange on the Joban Expressway, proceed 12 km north toward Onahama via Prefectural Road 289 and Road 6 Bypass. The facility is on the left side when facing straight ahead along Road 6.
|Working days and hours||8:30 - 17:30|
|Closings||Saturday, Sunday, Golden Week (early-May holiday season in Japan), Obon holidays, public holidays, yearend & New Year holidays. Please contact us for more information regarding national holidays.|
|Visitor capacity||2 to 150|
|Time required for a tour||120 min|
* Photography is prohibited in all areas of the plant other than the customer and entrance halls. Please refrain from photographing, recording videos, or using cell phones with on-board cameras.
* The facility is non-smoking.
* We reserve the right to refuse to give tours to visitors under the influence of alcohol.
* We may request that visitors change the date or time of their reservation.
* Please wear appropriate, easy-to-move-in clothing during your tour (please refrain from high heels, sandals, and the like).
* We may provide your tour jointly with other visitors.
* Although there are no age restrictions, we request that children of middle school age or younger be accompanied by a guardian.
* We request that those employed by other companies in the same industry or related companies, as well as those whose purpose is business, refrain from taking the tour.
* Visitors coming from abroad should provide their own interpreter. (We do not offer foreign language tours.)