Industrial Tourism in Japan
Niigata Manga Animation Museum
This museum introduces cartoonists and animators linked with Niigata. It features areas where guests can play with popular characters, learn about the process of making manga and animation and experience voice acting for themselves. There is also a mini-theater where manga and anime can be fully enjoyed. Throughout the year we also hold special exhibitions, one of our most popular features. At the museum shop we sell manga and anime goods along with products related to our special exhibitions.
Bandai City BP2 1st floor, 2-5-7 , Yachiyo, Chuo-ku Niigata City, Niigata
[Bus from Niigata Station]
Departure from bus terminal at Niigata Station Bandai Exit
- Platform 0 & 1 (Bandaibashi Line)
- Platform 2 (Niigata City Sightseeing Loop Bus) *
Get off at "Bandai City"
Ride time: About 5 minutes
Cost (one way): ¥100 for adults, ¥50 for children
* When you visit the Manga Animation Museum please use the "Hakusan Kouen Sakimawari Kousu" bus.
[Walking from Niigata Station]
About 15 minutes from Niigata Station Bandai Exit
Parking (for passenger cars): None
Tourist bus parking: None
Permanent exhibition: ¥200 for adults, ¥100 for junior and senior high school
students, ¥50 for elementary school students
Fees for special exhibitions differ for each exhibition
You can enter the permanent exhibition with the special exhibition fee.
Workshop-based tour: Available at the permanent exhibition
|Working days and hours||11:00 - 19:00 (Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays: 10:00 - 19:00)|
|Closings||January 1st (The facility may be closed temporarily to replace exhibits)|
|Visitor capacity||1 – 100|
|Time required for a tour||About 1 hour|
Chinese(simplified and traditional), Korean, Russian, French: Signage
Reservations Page: http://museum.nmam.jp/contact/
※Groups of 20 people or more will receive a 20% discount
* For teenage customers, please present your student handbook or student ID card at the time of your admission
* If a guest has an identification booklet for a disability, admission is free for that person as well as a caregiver. Please present your identification booklet at the time of your admission.