Industrial Tourism in Japan
Muraoka Sohonpo Youkan Museum
Muraoka Sohonpo Youkan Museum opened in March 1984 next to the Muraoka Sohonpo Ogi-Honten shop after renovation of a brick-built storehouse for sugar which was built in 1941.
The museum has a lounge on the first floor and an exhibition room on the second floor. We introduce the manufacturing process and history of youkan through videos, exhibit panels and photos. Items on exhibition include tools, packages, and labels from various times and ingredients such as sugar, beans and kanten (agar).
This is the best collection of history and culture on youkan.
861 Ogi-machi, Ogi-shi, Saga 845-0001 (In front of Suga Jinja Shrine)
- By train
- 2 km north from Ogi Station on JR Karatsu Line
- By car
- 1 km north from the Ogi-Chubu Intersection on Route 203
- By bus
1.2 km north from Ogi Bus Center on Showa Bus Karatsu-Saga Line (via Taku)
200 m north from Kamimachi bus stop on Showa Bus Saga-Ogi Line (via Chugoku)
- Parking space (for cars): Available (on-site and nearby)
- Parking fee: Free
- Parking of tour buses (large or medium-sized): Possible (on-site and nearby)
- Parking fee for tour buses: Free
|Working days and hours||8:00 - 17:00|
|Closings||Open throughout the year|
|Time required for a tour||30 min.|
In case of groups
Reservations Page: http://www.m-youkansiryoukan.jp/dantai_form.htm (Japanese)