Industrial Tourism in Japan
Inden-ya Uehara Yushichi (atelier)
Koshu-Inden is one of the oldest leather processing techniques, which has been kept for about 400 years in Yamanashi prefecture, Koshinetu-region of Japan. The most remarkable feature of Koshu Inden is its unique technique of painting the deer leather with lacquer called URUSHI. INDEN-YA is a time-honored producer of leather products designed to match modern lifestyles. The firm's long history and commitment to quality and superior craftsmanship has gained its products a respected reputation worldwide.
Inden-ya Uehara Yushichi Co., Ltd. (atelier)
201Aria, Kawada, Kofu, Yamanashi 400-0811 Japan
- 5 min. by taxi from JR "Isawaonsen" Station
- 5 min. by bus to "Yamanashiken Seishounen center"
- 20 min. walk from JR "Isawaonsen" Station
- 15 min. by car from Chuo Expressway "Ichimiyamisaka" Interchange
|Working days and hours||Monday - Friday 8:50AM-5:00PM for factory tour|
|Closings||Saturday , Sunday , Holiday|
|Visitor capacity||10 ～ up to 20 people|
|Time required for a tour||usual course 1hr. (depends on the purpose of the visit)|
Please make a call and tell us the number of visitors and their information in advance.
(1) Guide is available only for a group of around ten people at a time.
(2) Guide is available only in Japanese. (Attendance of an interpreter is preferable.)
(3) Photography Not Allowed inside our atelier
Tel: +81- 55-220-1660