Industrial Tourism in Japan
Hataman Touen Corporation
With the historical background of being the Nabeshima Clan kiln, we have succeeded the traditional craft art of Imari Nabeshima porcelain and committed to creation of a new Nabeshima brand.
We also aim to be a company which promotes interaction between manufacturers and users of our products, and, through contribution, is rooted in our local community.
We established the Hataman brand with leading craftsmanship, aiming for creation of new designs responding to changing societal needs.
Focusing on Japan’s traditional beauty, we create sophisticated works investing our finest craftsmanship and cordiality.
1820 Otsu, Okawachi-cho, Imari-shi, Saga
- By train
- From Hakata Station to Imari Station (1 hours, 50 min. by JR Sasebo Line or 2 hours, 20 min. by JR Chikuhi Line)
- From Saga Station to Imari Station (40 min. by JR Sasebo Line and 20 min. by Matsuura Railway Nishi-Kyushu Line)
- By car
- From Takeo Kitagata IC to Imari Okawachiyama (30 min.)
- From Hasami Arita IC to Imari Okawachiyama (40 min.)
- By bus
- From Hakata Bus Terminal to Imari Station (1 hour, 40 min. by Showa Bus Imari-go)
- Parking space (for cars) : Available (at the site of Imari-Aritayaki Traditional Industries Center, in front of Nabeshima-yaki Kaikan hall)
- Parking fee: Free
- Parking for tour buses (medium-sized): Possible (on-site and nearby)
- Parking fee for tour buses: Free
Workshop-based tour: Available (Ceramic painting, from 1,500 yen)
* Appointment required by phone
|Working days and hours||9:00 - 17:30|
|Time required for a tour||30 min.|
English (Brochure/accompanying guide)
Open from Monday to Friday, closed on Sundays
Confirmation required for Saturdays and national holidays