Industrial Tourism in Japan
Saga Balloon Museum
Saga International Balloon Fiesta is one of Asia’s largest hot-air balloon competitions, which is held in autumn in Saga Prefecture and features over 100 balloons from all over the world. Saga Balloon Museum is Japan’s first museum focused on balloons and offers guests a hot-air balloon experience in any weather at any time.
A flight simulator with a 280-inch ultra-high-definition screen will enable you to discover the thrill of the world of balloons. Please enjoy all the attractions we have to offer.
2-27, Matsubara 2-chome, Saga-city, Saga
- Arriving from Saga Station
- 17 min. on foot toward Saga Prefectural Government’s Office
- 5 min. by bus (Saga City Bus or Showa or Yutoku) from Saga Bus Station, getting off at Kencho-mae and a one-minute walk
- 5 min. by taxi
- Arriving from Saga Airport
- 20min. by Saga City Bus, getting off at Kencho-mae and a one-minute walk
- By Nagasaki Expressway
- 20 min. by car from Saga Yamato IC toward the center of Saga City
- Parking space (for cars): Available (on-site)
- Parking fee: 100 yen for every 30 min.
- Parking for tour buses (large or medium-sized): Possible (on-site)
- Parking fee for tour buses: 2,000 yen for six hours
Elementary, junior and senior high school students: ¥200
*Groups (20 people and more)
Elementary, junior and senior high school students: ¥140
Elementary, junior and senior high school students: ¥400
* If a guest has identification certifying a disability, admission is free for that person as well as one caregiver.
Workshop-based tour: Available (Balloon flight simulator, free of charge)
|Working days and hours||10:00 - 17:00 (Admission until 16:30)|
|Closings||Mondays (or the following day if Monday is a national holiday), year-end and New Year holidays|
|Visitor capacity||About 100|
|Time required for a tour||About 60 min|
In case of groups
The facility is designed accessible to any visitors including senior citizens and people with disabilities.
There is a souvenir shop on the first floor.