Industrial Tourism in Japan
Ajinomoto Kawasaki Plant
Established in 1914, the Kawasaki Plant is the oldest factory of Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
In fact we celebrate the 100th anniversary in 2014.
During the factory tour, we'll show you how to produce umami seasonings named "Aji-No-Moto ®".
And also, you can learn the manufacturing process of "Hon-Dashi ®", which is made with great concern for safety and security in material selection, manufacturing methods and QC.
Ajinomoto Co., Inc. Kawasaki Plant
1-1, Suzuki-Cho, Kawasaki-Ku, Kawasaki-Shi, 210-8680, Japan
Keikyu Daishi Line "Suzukicho Station", 1 min walk.
[By sightseeing bus]
Metropolitan Expressway Yokohanesen, turn off at Daishi exit, drive on Route 409 and turn at the cross section of "Suzukicho Entrance" by Ito-Yokado.
|Working days and hours||Monday to Saturday between 8:30 and 16:30|
|Closings||Sundays and holidays|
Please feel free to ask us.
25 persons maximum/group. Parties more than 25 will be divided into smaller groups.
|Time required for a tour||90min.|
Small groups less than 10 persons, please apply through the URL below. Groups more than 10, please call.
- Be at the site 10 min. before the tour starts.
- No parking spaces for cars/bikes; please use public transportation.
- Baby strollers are not allowed.
- No food or drink is allowed in the factory.
- Due to sanitary control, those who are not in good condition of health may not be accepted.