Industrial Tourism in Japan
Kyushu Electric Power
Hacchobaru Pavilion was established adjacent to Kyushu Electric Power in a pleasant location overlooking the Kuju Mountain area. The facility explains matters, including the structure and role of the geothermal power generation system, in an easy-to-understand manner.
Category: Energy and the environment
Region: Kyushu / Okinawa
Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc.
601 Hacchobaru, Aza Yutsubo, Oaza Kokonoe-machi, Kusu-gun, Oita Prefecture
- JR: Approx. 40 min. by car (approx. 20 km) from Bungonakamura Station, JR Kyudai Line.
- Bus: Take the bus from Nakamura Station to Sujiyu Onsen and get off at the last stop (approx. 1 hr.). Approx. 20 min. walk from Sujiyu.
- Expressway: Approx. 40 min. by car from Kokonoe IC, Oita Expressway.
- General Road: Approx. 20 min. by car (approx. 7 km) from prefectural road, Beppu Ichinomiya" Senomoto (about the same from Chojabaru)."
|Working days and hours||9:30 am to 5:30 pm (visitors will not be allowed in after 4:00 pm)|
|Closings||Dec 29-Jan 3|
|Visitor capacity||There's no particular limit on the number of visitors for tours. However, capacity for the Large Hall is 90 and for the Small Hall it is 45.|
|Time required for a tour||
20 minutes min. for video viewing, 30 minutes min. for tour of outdoor facilities and the turbines
Please contact the Pavilion in advance since tours of the outdoor equipment and turbine building may be unavailable due to circumstances such as lightening, heavy snow, rain, or regular inspection of the power plant (usually September to October).Tours of the outdoor facilities and turbines are subject to cancelation depending on factors such as lightning, heavy snow and rain or power plant inspections. Please confirm any tours with the pavilion beforehand.
English, Korean (pamphlet only)
- Please contact the Pavilion in advance since tours of the outdoor equipment and turbine building may be unavailable due to circumstances such as lightening, heavy snow, rain, or regular inspection of the power plant (usually September to October).
- Please note that rain gear (umbrellas, rain boots, etc.) is not supplied during pavilion tours.