Japanese Trade and Investment Statistics
Facts and figures about the Japanese economy, including balance of payments and international trade.
Please direct inquiries to the followings
Japan's International Trade in Goods (Monthly)
Japan's International Trade in Goods(Yearly)
Japan's Balance of Payments Statistics
(May 2014, provisional)
The Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Japan implemented a major revision of balance of payments related statistics. The revision takes effect for the data from January 2014 onward. For more details, please follow the link below;
Balance of Payments -Notice about Statistics, Ministry of Finance Japan
2013/10/8 "Notification of the Revision of Balance of Payments Related Statistics in Japan"
(Reference) Historical Data Based on the BPM5 (~December 2013)
Japan's Outward and Inward Foreign Direct Investment
The Ministry of Finance and the Bank of Japan implemented a major revision of balance of payments related statistics. The revision takes effect for the data from January 2014 onward. The figures of "FDI flow (Based on Balance of Payments, net)" until 2013 were based on the BPM5.
- FDI flow (Based on Balance of Payments, net)
By Country and Region
- Historical Data
- Quarterly Data (1st Quarter, 2014)
- FDI stock (Based on International Investment Position, net)
- FDI flow (Based on Reports and Notifications, gross)
Note: Disinvestment not included, discontinued in FY2004.
- General statistics of Japan, including population, consumer price indexes, etc. (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications)
- General statistics on Japanese economy, including public and private sectors (Economic and Social Research Institute, Cabinet Office)
- Industrial and commercial statistics on Japanese economy (Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry)
- Statistics on Japanese economy,including price indexes and finances,etc.(Bank of Japan)