Investing in Japan
How to Set Up Business in Japan
Provides an overview of the laws, regulations and procedures related to setting up a business in Japan, as well as an easy-to-follow Flowchart outlining the basic steps and a Model Case showing approximate start-up costs.
- Full text(638KB) October 2012
- Section1: Incorporating Your Business
- Definitions and comparisons of various business operations; procedures and guidelines for establishing/registering each of these distinct operations in Japan.
- Section2: Visas and Status of Residence
- Entry procedures into Japan, conditions and provisions that apply to various types of visas and working/residence statuses; the alien registration process; details concerning family members accompanying foreign nationals.
- Section3: Taxes in Japan
- Aspects of Japan's tax systems most relevant to a foreign corporation/individual investing in Japan (emphasis on corporate tax structures, tax treaties as well as personal and consumption taxes).
- Section4: Human Resource Management
- Japan's labor laws and regulations; topics include; recruitment; employment contracts; wages, working hours; work rules; workplace safety and hygiene requirements; resignation and dismissal procedures and Japan's social security, health and pension systems.
- Section5: Trademark and Design Protection Systems
- Japan's trademark and design protection systems; registration validities, periods of protection as well as trademark and design registration procedures.